Tang Dynasty ( 618–907 )
This is not the main page for the Chinese rock band "Tang Dynasty", but rather a historical overview of that era.
Here's a brief overview of this popular Chinese dynasty:
- Li Yuan was the first emperor of the dynasty.
- Li Shimin was the second emperor.
- Gaozong was the third emperor - conquered the Korean peninsula. Gaozong was not a strong ruler, thus his father's wife or concubine took over thus...
- Wu Zhao (or empress Wuhou) took over Gaozong's place, above.
- Foreign hospitality was seen with Persians and Arabian sea men who were roaming the ports at those times
- Dance music was introduced and influenced by Central Asia.
- Chang an (now Xi'an) was once the "stage" for Western music and dance. No wonder, when you visit Xi'an at this times, you'll see very good musicians and dancers.
- Poetry was very popular
- Figure, landscape and brush paintings were abundant and popular.
- Foreign designs on potteries or ceramics were popular
- Gold, silver and bronze decorations were also popular
Fuzhou | Hong Kong | Quanzhou | Xiamen |Vancouver | Burnaby
Leave the Tang Dynasty