The City of Coquitlam
Travel and Life Guide
Coquitlam in British Columbia, Canada, was one of the best cities we had lived and explored during the tours.
The city is just close by Vancouver downtown and some other neighboring cities (they call Tri-Cities) such as Burnaby, Port Moody, and New Westminster.
Make sure to visit this "booming", if you have the time and chance to visit Vancouver or a city close by.
The City's History and Facts and Figures
Let's take some small steps and begin with some facts and figures, as well as an overview of Coquit lam's history.
- The city was called small red salmon which was a name obtained from a Salishan (First Nations Aborigins) language.
- Most parts of the city, in the 1940's was covered with flood due to the Fraser River.
- Maillardville (a Francophone residential area created in the 1900's ) is located within the city.
- It was also one of the Saw Milling centers in the middle of the 19th century. Other sawmills were located in Vancouver (remember Granville Island ? ), North Vancouver, New Westminster, and others.
- Modern-day settlers in the city are mostly Korean immigrants.
How to Get In and Around the City
It's a modern age, make sure you visit Google Maps at the Internet, before exploring the city. Don't forget there are free access in most popular coffee shops, as well as the public libraries, and schools or universities in British Columbia.
View Larger Map
Coquitlam BC Canada Photos
Check-out the Photo Gallery
Parks, Trails, Sportsfields, Courts, etc.
Parks and Grounds
Places to Stay
Banks and Financial Institutions
Malls and Stores
Colleges, Universities, HighSchools and other Popular Educational Institutions
Parking at Lougheed skytrain station, burquitlam and other parking lots
Musical Instruments Store
Band instruments, drums, buy acoustic guitars, second hand instruments, piano instruments, cheap musical instruments and others.
Pet animals, habitat stores, dog cages, dog leash, pet supplies, pet shops, etc.
Includes T&T (TandT supermarkets), the Superstores or Real Canadian chain of stores, Wal-mart, Safeway, Coquitlam food bank, food equipment and many others.
Post Office - Canada Post
Canada Post locations within the city, post office inside malls and other popular outlets.
Fuzhou | Hong Kong | Quanzhou | Xiamen |Vancouver | Burnaby
Leave the Coquitlam page