Qing Dynasty ( 1644-1911 )
We're not historians by birth, but here's an overview of what the Qing Dynasty was all about:
- ( 1636 )The Qing or Ching Dynasty was also called the Manchu (now China's North East) Dynasty - it was put up by the Manchus in the 1600's.
- (1661–1722 - under Emperor Kang Xi)
- There were border conflicts between the Manchus and Russians.
- The borders included the Outer Mongolia.
- ( 1722–1735 under Emperor Yong Zheng )
-Population "explosion" occurred.
-Expansion on Commerical, Print, painting, handicraft, and ceramics industries mushroomed.- Ownership of land had great happenings, as well.
Because of the above events there came poverty, which resulted in the Manchurian armies' "blurring picture in the scene".
- (1850–64 under Emperor Tai Ping )
(1853–68 under Emperor Nian )
- Uprisings happened in-sync with the poverty and extinguishing popularity of the Manchu army.
- Westernization was embraced.
- Corruption took place.
- Conflicts arose on topics of Westernization or the Modernization of that era which led to....
- (1839–42)The Opium War
- (1894–95) The Sino-Japanese War
- (1900) The Boxer Rebellion
In the Ching Dynasty, popular arts were ceramics / pottery (porcelain) and painting, respectively, though Jade carving was also considered as popular.
The Peking Opera also gained popularity during these times.
Fuzhou | Hong Kong | Quanzhou | Xiamen |Vancouver | Burnaby
Leave the Qing Dynasty