Zhuangyuan Street, Quanzhou
The Zhuangyuan street in Quanzhou connects you to the ancient and modern Quanzhou cultures.
It was one of the best "Eye Candy" I had in Quanzhou. My wife, Venus's old folks lives just within this street, and I
do a number of visits to the place within a month, well, we might bump into each other, right, hopefully one of those days :)
Before we go actually take a walk down the street, I wanted you to know that the word Zhuangyuan has the closest meaning to 'honor' or the 'best price' in English.
Start your walk from the Zhuangyuan
McDonald's, get a Big Mac and bite bit by bit walking down to the Clock Tower which is the intersection of Dong Jie (East street) and Xi Jie (West street) - remember the Clock Tower, that's the area close to Colonel Saunders (KFC lives near the Clock Tower). Now, hopefully that tingles your imagination, right?
Let's go for a walk now.....
What's interesting about this street and the areas near it, anyway?
- A temple within the street
- 'Hutongs' or alleys and modern as well as folk architectures meet - stand back Beijing! We've got Harley Davidson's roaming our hutongs here : )
- Public parks
- Modern residential houses mushroom and mix with the folk houses and 'hutongs'
- other local and western restaurants
- supermarkets and retail shops
- Artistic walls
- Pubs and bars, including Internet bars.
It's really a mixture of Quanzhou's folk past and modern present.
How to get here
Transportation: Pedicabs, motorcycles, electric bikes and bicycles, taxi, public bus
Address:Downtown Quanzhou, Fujian, China
Popular Public Bus Routes: 16, 17, 32, 13
Leave the Zhuangyuan Street and return Home
Fuzhou | Hong Kong | Quanzhou | Xiamen